Visas and Insurance
We’ll help you in the process of getting your visa but to get an idea of the requirements, you can visit the Embassy’s website.
144-hour Transit Visa Exemption for Foreign Nationals (*subject to change without notice)
Foreign travelers of the following 53 countries may be eligible for a visa-free stay while in transit in Guangdong Province, Shanghai-Jiangsu-Zhejiang region, Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region, Liaoning Province or Chinese cities of Chengdu, Xiamen, Qingdao, Wuhan, and Kunming for no more than 144 hours (6 days) without holding a visa, provided the travelers:
1. Have residency or a valid visa of the third country ;
2. Have onward air ticket with confirmed seats flying directly out of China;
3. Embark and disembark within 144 hours;
4. Hold valid international travel documents.
During transit period, all beneficiaries of the policy should have their passports with them all the time and are not permitted to leave the disembarkation city and go to other Chinese cities. Registering at local Public Security Bureau within 24 hours of arrival is required if beneficiaries of the policy do not plan to stay overnight in hotels. If the transit period is longer than 72 hours for an irresistible reason or beneficiaries of the policy would like to visit other places beyond the administration area of the disembarkation city, visa is required and can be obtained through the local exit and entry administrative department. Those who fail to comply with the regulation will be regarded as staying in China unlawfully.
To obtain this visa exemption, the foreign national must have a valid passport from one of the 53 countries, which includes:
- 24 Schengen countries in Europe (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland);
- 15 other European countries (Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland, Macedonia, Monaco, Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Serbia, UK, and Ukraine);
- Six countries in North and South America (Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mexico, and US);
- Two Oceanic countries (Australia and New Zealand); and
- Six Asian countries (Brunei, Japan, Qatar, Singapore, South Korea, and UAE).
Further, eligible travelers must be transiting through one of the following 19 cities: Beijing, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Guilin, Hangzhou, Harbin, Kunming, Nanjing, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen, or Xi’an.
Please contact us for travel insurance options and deals.